A Gaming Forum
Go to: http://stackongames.forumotion.com This is the best forum ever!
A Gaming Forum
Go to: http://stackongames.forumotion.com This is the best forum ever!
A Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death (Not a true story)

Go down 
+2
Frist
Alyssa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Alyssa
The Universe Mask
The Universe Mask
Alyssa

Number of posts : 723
Username Title : The Musically Gifted
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue25 / 99925 / 999Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Warnings :
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue3 / 33 / 3Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Strikes :
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue5 / 155 / 15Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Contribution to the Site :
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Extra Ranks : Death (Not a true story) NewMemberLogo
User of the week :
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue0 / 50 / 5Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-03

Death (Not a true story) Empty
PostSubject: Death (Not a true story)   Death (Not a true story) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 2:43 pm

I used to think about it all the time. Not because I was unhappy – because at that time, I wasn’t – but because it seemed like something from a fairytale, something far away that no-one knew about or understood. When you’re young, five years old, such mystery is irresistible. At least it was for me. I used to lie on my bed or under the clouds, stare at the sky and think, what would it feel like? Where would I go?

No-one ever seemed to know. And no-one ever seemed keen enough to want to find out, either.
I used to plan it out, too, my own death. I wasn’t morbid – I wouldn’t put it that way – but when you’re childish, and bored, and sheltered and cosseted and distanced from pain: it’s natural, to think curiously about things you have no experience of. It’s like how sometimes, rich people feel the strange need to prod into the lives of poor people, just to see what it would feel like not to have hot food to eat and a bed to sleep in for a night. Death wasn’t scary to me back then: nothing was, ghost-stories and the like aside: and death was different to ghost-stories, because death was real in the way that LEGO and PlayStation were real, and therefore made sense somehow.

I used to envision myself as some great knight, riding forth on a white stallion with sword and shield, vanquished at long last by a fire-breathing dragon after an epic battle; or perhaps a great explorer setting off to charter new worlds, standing at the prow of a tall ship and vowing never to desert, even as the waves roiled summit-high and the lightning flashed. Those were my light-headed, empty-minded dreams of childish heroism, where death was not really death but a way of penning one’s name into the legend books. Painless, easy, guaranteed. My name would be remembered forever.
All those elaborate plans – all those days of dreaming, warm and loved, viewing death through a haze of intrigue and glory and romance. Perhaps I’d watched too much TV. I guess I’ll never know.

Death became real. Real in the way that PlayStation never could be. No longer far away – oh no, Death came so close that I could picture it every morning when I woke up, burning like smoke behind my eyelids. No grand heroism for some: just a white cross, and plastic roses because you couldn’t afford real ones every day. A tiny square in the ground, like so many others, the person that had been so alive and their smile so vivid now a fistful of grey ash, indistinguishable to the dust my Mother vacuumed off the carpets every week.
Death.

I suppose that was what really brought me down from the clouds, changed me. It was as if I’d never been the wide-eyed boy lying on his back on the front lawn, staring at the skies and wondering at Heaven. Just one year, and it felt a lifetime away.
I wondered for a long time after that. I wondered and I fell apart. Your life was splitting at the seams and you couldn’t, no matter how hard you tried, seem to be able to hold it together. It was like diving: once you take that step off the block, you fall, and nothing can stop you until you hit the water. Only with me, I hadn’t taken a step off anything. My parents had made the decision without me, and pitched me off the blocks all the same. I don’t blame them – they tried, in their own way, to give me what they couldn’t have – but I suppose they fell short of it, failed themselves more than they failed me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bamzzakka.forumotion.net
Frist
Yellow Swordsmaster
Yellow Swordsmaster
Frist

Number of posts : 1198
Username Title : Archery Master
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue999 / 999999 / 999Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Warnings :
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Strikes :
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue0 / 150 / 15Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Extra Ranks : Death (Not a true story) Adminlogo
User of the week :
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue1 / 51 / 5Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Death (Not a true story)   Death (Not a true story) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 3:22 pm

well.... ok then.....
Back to top Go down
Alyssa
The Universe Mask
The Universe Mask
Alyssa

Number of posts : 723
Username Title : The Musically Gifted
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue25 / 99925 / 999Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Warnings :
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue3 / 33 / 3Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Strikes :
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue5 / 155 / 15Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Extra Ranks : Death (Not a true story) NewMemberLogo
User of the week :
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue0 / 50 / 5Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Death (Not a true story)   Death (Not a true story) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 3:24 pm

i got bored
Back to top Go down
http://www.bamzzakka.forumotion.net
Chip
Pink Bender
Pink Bender
Chip

Number of posts : 572
Username Title : You can call me Chip =)
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue19 / 99919 / 999Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Warnings :
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Strikes :
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue0 / 150 / 15Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Extra Ranks : Death (Not a true story) ModeratorLogo
User of the week :
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue1 / 51 / 5Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Death (Not a true story)   Death (Not a true story) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:15 pm

That's the longest, most randomest post I've seen in a long time....
Back to top Go down
Double K
The Dark Mask
The Dark Mask
Double K

Number of posts : 337
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue134 / 999134 / 999Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Warnings :

Strikes :

Extra Ranks : Death (Not a true story) MemberLogo
User of the week :

Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Death (Not a true story)   Death (Not a true story) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:03 pm

Did you make it up?
Back to top Go down
http://why-ask.forumotion.net
DRAGONITE
Red Monkey
Red Monkey
DRAGONITE

Number of posts : 175
Username Title : DRAGON+NITE= Dragonite duh
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue0 / 9990 / 999Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Warnings :

Strikes :

User of the week :

Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Death (Not a true story)   Death (Not a true story) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:12 pm

WOW that is really RANDOM i like it i like random Exclamation sunny Death (Not a true story) 834145 afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.newgrounds.com/
sarah123456789
The Dark Mask
The Dark Mask
sarah123456789

Number of posts : 301
Username Title : exterminate,exterminate,
EXTERMINATE.
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue0 / 9990 / 999Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Warnings :
Death (Not a true story) Left_bar_bleue1 / 31 / 3Death (Not a true story) Right_bar_bleue

Strikes :

User of the week :

Registration date : 2009-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Death (Not a true story)   Death (Not a true story) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:18 am

a very long post. so long i didnt even bother to read it 'cos it was so long
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death (Not a true story)   Death (Not a true story) Empty

Back to top Go down

Death (Not a true story)
Page 1 of 1