A Gaming Forum
Go to: http://stackongames.forumotion.com This is the best forum ever!
A Gaming Forum
Go to: http://stackongames.forumotion.com This is the best forum ever!
A Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths

Go down 
+2
BN
Jyo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jyo
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Number of posts : 58
First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Left_bar_bleue0 / 9990 / 999First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Right_bar_bleue

Warnings :
First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Right_bar_bleue

Strikes :
First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Left_bar_bleue0 / 150 / 15First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Right_bar_bleue

Contribution to the Site :
First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Right_bar_bleue

Extra Ranks : First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths MemberLogo
User of the week :
First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Left_bar_bleue0 / 50 / 5First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-06

First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Empty
PostSubject: First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths   First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 7:42 am

Well, i've been working on a short story for no reason, just for my pure entertainment i guess. I have written over 2,000 words so far and my first paragraph is completely done, except the last sentence or two may need some work in the final proofreading, but here is just a sneak preview of how the story will be written:

By now silence has
filled all of the gaps in the household down to every last corner. Even an
occasional plane speeding over the household cannot penetrate the sound proof
structure of the building where the man slept on his futon. Many people would
expect the house to be in excellent condition based upon the man’s ostentatious
dressing, but the place was rather intolerable to even those below his class.
Beer bottles were noticeable throughout the room where the unconscious man
remained dormant on his sofa. The man had a beer bottle in one hand and a
cigarette in the other, casually dangling from his fingertips. He was laying
rather awkwardly in almost a fetal position. Despite his horrendous posture, he
looked rather peaceful, as if he were dreaming in a world where dreams are
unheard of. He could have most likely stayed in this position all day, if it
wasn’t for his boisterous alarm cam that hovered over him with his eyes gently
peeling open. The impervious yet translucent screen that floated above him in midst
air spoke to him in a monotone voice, “Hello Rick, it is eight in the morning.
Time to wake up.” Despite the vexatious sound of the alarm, the man remained in
the same position and gazed away from the couch. His eyes were fixed on the
white, cylinder centerpiece in the middle of the main hall that blocked his
view of the front door. He had stared at the luminous pillar to the point that
he could not even hear a scintilla of the alarm cam. The sound waves traveled
through one ear and swiftly dispersed out of the other, withdrawing their will
to enter the brain. He slowly tweaked his eyes to the left just enough to
return out of his illusive state. The gate to his brain had suddenly and
unexpectedly opened, and the irksome screech of the alarm cam flooded his
brain. The sudden burst of sound instinctively jolted the man from head to toe.
After a few seconds, he returned to his previous position, still gripping his
beer bottle and cigarette with both of his index and middle fingers. He then
slowly cocked his head upwards so that he was facing directly towards the alarm
cam, and finally found enough strength to raise his dangling arm to deactivate
the alarm cam.
Back to top Go down
BN
The Dark Mask
The Dark Mask
BN

Number of posts : 282
Username Title : Comic Party President
First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Left_bar_bleue0 / 9990 / 999First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Right_bar_bleue

Warnings :
First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Right_bar_bleue

Strikes :
First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Left_bar_bleue0 / 150 / 15First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Right_bar_bleue

First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Right_bar_bleue

Extra Ranks : First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths AdvMemberLogo
User of the week :
First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Left_bar_bleue0 / 50 / 5First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths   First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 3:39 pm

This reminds me of Shakespeares' work: it's hard to understand what's going on, yet everyone knows it's powerful and very well written. Smile Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Pink Bender
Pink Bender

Number of posts : 573
Username Title : Mistress Of All 4 Elements!

Warnings :

Strikes :

First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Right_bar_bleue

Extra Ranks : First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths ModeratorLogo
User of the week :
First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Left_bar_bleue2 / 52 / 5First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths   First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Hmm well I understood every word. I'm just not quite sure where the story is going. It's very "in detail" but I do like it. I guess I'll just keep reading to see what happens next ^^
Oh, by the way - Good Job Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://edis.forumotion.net/
Jedlm
New Leaf
New Leaf
Jedlm

Number of posts : 20

Warnings :

Strikes :

Extra Ranks : First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths NewMemberLogo
User of the week :

Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths   First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:59 pm

Really (long) nice paragraph. But, I would never write for entertainment myself
Back to top Go down
Jyo
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

Number of posts : 58

Warnings :

Strikes :

User of the week :

Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths   First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Lol, not even for entertainment purposes, just to show some of my writing abilities.
Back to top Go down
Huskershusker
New Leaf
New Leaf
Huskershusker

Number of posts : 9
Username Title : HuSkErS fAn

Warnings :

Strikes :

Extra Ranks : First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths NewMemberLogo
User of the week :

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths   First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 6:08 pm

Really nice, I'll be surprised if I see some more of it. (I usually don't check out much stuff.) I hope I do, because that was neat writing.
Back to top Go down
http://myninjakiwi.com/
10art1
Grasshopper
Grasshopper
10art1

Number of posts : 44

Warnings :

Strikes :
First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Left_bar_bleue2 / 152 / 15First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Right_bar_bleue

User of the week :

Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths   First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 5:41 pm

sounds like its scary, yet happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths   First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths Empty

Back to top Go down

First Paragraph: Lie of the Moths
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Gaming Forum :: Entertainment :: Your Stories-
Jump to: